Life On Life's Term

面對它 - - Face it


接受它 - - Accept it


処理它 - - Due With it (To the best of your ability)


放下它 - - Let go of it

Gambling Problems: An Introduction for Behavioral Health Services Providers

Gambling Problems: An Introduction for Behavioral Health Services Providers
Gambling Addiction Vs Problem Gambling

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

~ STEP ONE ~


We at GA, believe our gambling problem is an emotional illness, progressive in nature, which no amount of human will-power can stop or control.

We have facts to support this belief. We believed, at one time or another, that all of our problems could be solved with a BIG WIN. Some, pathetically, even after making a big win, found themselves in WORST trouble within a short period of time.

We continued to gamble ....... We found we had risked loss of family, friends, security and jobs. We still continued to gamble. We gambled to the point where it resulted in imprisonment, insanity or attempt suicide. We still continued to gamble and were unable to stop.
We fell victim to a belief that if only our financial problems could be solved, we would be able to stop gambling or even be able to gamble like normal people. Many times we swore we would never gamble again believing we had the will-power to stop gambling.

We believed a lie. We believe we had the power to stop or control our gambling. Our inability to honestly look at our gambling problem enabled us to continue to gamble. In spite of all of the evidence from our past, we still denied the truth about our gambling

Upon entering GA, we must develop the ability to honestly look at our gambling. This is the first step in our process of recovery. Without honesty, we cannot admit our powerlessness over gambling. We must honestly accept, admit and unconditionally surrender to this powerlessness in order to proceed with our recovery. any reservations we had or may presently have that we can gamble again means we still believe we are not powerless over gambling and that we have not admitted or accepted our powerlessness. (either we have power over gambling or we don't.


To those members who have difficulty with admitting their powerlessness over gambling, they should write about their gambling, and the destruction their gambling has caused and their countless futile attempts to stop gambling. Use the '20 Questions" as a guide. Write extensively, thoroughly and specifically using each of the questions as a central focal point. Only with the awareness and the acceptance of the hopelessness, helplessness and desperation of our situation (as compulsive gamblers) can we develop the open-mindedness required for STEP 2.

1 comment:

kinjio said...

Why m I here ?
I have lost my earning , saving and got into heavy debts due to gambling.
My debts come from my gambling.

Obsession is a thinking process.
I have an addictive obsession which is my inability to stop thinking about punting SOCCER.

This obsession is based on the belief that since I have won money punting SOCCER in the past.

Punting SOCCER will probably help me win money now and in the future ( positive expectancy ).

I do spend time thinking about how wonderful the feeling is if I win in punting SOCCER and how easy and fast it is to get MORE MONEY this way.

It is absolutely awful and unthinkable that I m STOPPING myself in doing something I LOVE..punting SOCCER and winning money.

I have win so many times ,
I still BELIEVE I can win money punting SOCCER.

If I stop ,I will NEVER BE ABLE TO WIN MONEY from SOCCER punting again.

I m so UNPREPARED TO LET THAT HAPPEN.


How many times have I think that I can win but end up losing my salary every months.

I end up not having the money to give my family.
I end up not being able to pay for all my bills.
I will have to borrow money to cover my living expenses for the rest of the month.

I have 2 problems.

1.I have a GAMBLING problem.

I lose all my salary in Soccer
punting.
Losing complicate my life and
make it unmanageable.
Despite all this problems ,
I will do it again next month
I will not stop

2.I have a THINKING problem.

I still believe soccer punting
will improve the quality of my
life.

I have been lying to myself for all these years.
I m have been in denial mode all these years.

d = didn't
e = even
n = notice
i = I
a = am
l = lying

I m not honest about my gambling problem.
I m not willing to admit that punting soccer is the reason I have little money left every month.
I still think I can stop when I want to.

I keep placing bets in soccer hoping this time , the experience will be different from all the past experiences where I alway end up LOSING IN THE END.

If i WIN , i CARRY ON GAMBLING.
In the end i still end up a loser.

I alway THINK that I CAN STOP when I win but I will alway go back to gambling and lose back all the money.

When it happen ,I feel HELPLESS about the situation

The story is the same every month

I need help